Friday 10 February 2012

Backgrounds

As the brief states that that the final animation needs to be multi-shot, I have to get around the problem of having a constant sky as a background.
In my previous playblasts, I used a single image plane to create the background, however this will limit the camera placement.






After discarding the idea, I thought of placing everything into a giant blue sphere. This way I could have a constant blue sky that wouldn't limit the placement of my camera. Again, I encountered problems as I the sphere changed my light set up and I would constantly select unwanted geometry.

I then decided on discarding these ideas and would render out my animation sequence as tiff.
This way I didn't encounter any problems, however I did have to create more cloud textures.








Here is a test of what it could look like. I am really happy with this as the clouds give the background depth rather than the previous one that looked like it was all on the same plane, which it was.
I'm unable to upload a video to show this, so here is a screen shot


and here is a few screen shots of the final animation -




No comments:

Post a Comment