Friday 28 October 2011

Flipbook Animations

First animation:




I think that, for my first attempt, I shouldn't have tried to do something too complicated. I was focused on the small details rather than the overall movement and as a result it was too time consuming.

I did not use enough key frames and I also did not take into account the movement of the body.
 
The body leans slightly forward while walking. As I didn't take this into account, I wasn't able to create a walking sequence that looks both natural and smooth.

However, I think I have managed to show the movement of the arms correctly.


Second animation- storyboards and animation







I found my second animation easier as I had grasped the concept of key frames.
By establishing the key movements in my storyboard beforehand I was able to shorten the animating process (this one took me a day) and produce a better and smoother animation.

Unlike my first animation, this one had direction and a story. I found it a lot more enjoyable as I was able to communicate this story.

In my first animation, I had trouble keeping the head constant. I decided to use a simple cross structure to show the movement of the head and eyes.
Instead, I decided to draw attention towards the movement of the hands and their interaction with the clothes and the gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment