Wednesday 21 March 2012

Game art

Some weeks ago we were introduced to the new module, game art essentials and we need to create a game space from one of the following three ideas.

- A fairy tale setting

- UFO crash site

- A digital recreation of Kirkstall Abby.

I plan on choosing one of the first two options as I want to give myself the creativity to make something from scratch. These options are also very open so I should research as many ideas and to try and bend the brief as much as possible.
I'm leaning towards the fairy tale setting from playing too much Rayman Origins and Psychonauts.
Both games have a distinctive style that I plan to look into. As I tend to make concepts that are quite realistic, I was hoping to try different styles so that I can develop and expand my skills in concept art.

Here are some images to try and get some ideas flowing.











No comments:

Post a Comment