Friday 6 January 2012

Animatics

To get some idea of how I will storyboard my animation I have been looking at the animatics of the Pixar film 'Cars'. I have been looking at this film in particular as Pixar have managed to bring an inanimate object to life and give it expressions and emotions. This is a process I should understand as I have decided to animate a plane.




As this is my first animation, giving my plane such expressive facial movements like in the animatic above would be out of my ability, so I shall try to express my character through the plane's movements and the sounds it makes. For example, if the plane is flying, diving and twirling carelessly, it would suggest a carefree personality or if it were angry the engine would rev up extremely fast.

It's a shame that only a trailer has been released for the 2013 film planes. Although it is interesting seeing the kind of camera angles they used to suggest motion and the feeling of flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment