Friday 27 January 2012

A new poem

We decided that 'Introductions unnecessary' would require a lot of planning which we do not have the time to do.
So we have decided to use a different poem, 'Define me' by Zenab Bi.

 
Define me?
Definitions, stereotypes, expectations,
I fall into none of them.
How can my definition be made when my full stop has not been reached?
Certainty is only in the things I believe: Religion, Humanity, and Rebellion
Caus this f***** world’s gone crazy.
Everybody pulling in different directions.
This is who you are! This is who you should be!
Well f*** that, I am no-one’s puppet. I’m going to choose my own destiny,
My morals and values intact, because a hypocrite I could never be.
From each experience, each situation defined for me, I learned:
Overcoming weaknesses, finding different strengths, forging new facets of me.
But from each experience, each situation defined for me
I refuse to define me, who is myself.
How can I explain me when I’ve not yet learned all I can be,
Or lived life’s opportunities to test every part of me?
Emotionally, spiritually, physically, I have a lot to learn of what I can and can’t achieve.
Only one thing’s certain at this point in time: I’m sticking to my beliefs;
 Culture or society, neither will sway me.
I am many different things most of which I have yet to realize and reach.


'Define Me' is about stereotypes. We were thinking of following the poem from someone who feels like they don't fit into any stereotype and eventually realises that he doesn't need to fit in to be liked.

We were thinking of visually projecting his thoughts about stereotypes. So, when he sees a goth, sentences would appear next to this person explaining the stereotype and his views. If we follow this idea, there would be a lot of post-production.

To give you an idea of what this might look like, I found this video that projects thoughts visually. I am not fond of the music, just in the way that the thoughts of the people in the video are projected onscreen. These thoughts sometimes vary such as the use of typography to suggest emotion. However, I think this would require a lot of post production which we might not have the time to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment