Sunday 22 January 2012

Ratchet and Clank Cinematic Sequences

I recently found this website animation progression reels that demonstrate the various processes a film or game can go through to get to its final stages. These progression reels provide a good insight into industry practices. I was delighted when I saw that they had some from one of favourite game series, Ratchet and Clank.

 


The animator focuses on developing the overall movement and key frames before doing anything else. Once these have been established, any movements between key frames are filled in until it looks like the finished product.
It's a shame that I finished the bulk of my animation before finding this website as it would have been very useful. When producing my animation, I developed sets of key frames individually, focuses on their movements before moving onto anything else. I should have set the key frames and established them to gain the overall movement. This way would have probably produced a better and cleaner animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment