Friday 4 May 2012

Bioshock

Bioshock's Rapture is an extremely good example of an environment having a character of its own.

I initially looked at Bioshock's dark and creepy concepts for ideas, however after spending some time playing the game, Rapture begins to build a character of its own. As you work your way through the failing city no room feels alike. Rather than walking through an environment that feels 'built', you are walking through what feels like years of decrepit ruins. Each corridor and room feels like they have been lived in and experienced the decay associated with the failure of Rapture.



Looking at Rapture's character, I am now attempting to develop character within my own environment. My room must feel like it has experienced the decay and ruin I said it would have. One approach I am planning to take is to develop a basic character to 'live' in my room. We leave an impression and a certain character in the rooms we live in so hopefully his characteristics will be shown throughout the room itself.

 I have made a moodboard of Bioshock and other images I have collected to try to inspire my ideas further.

No comments:

Post a Comment