Friday 4 May 2012

Refining my Game idea

After hearing the feedback from the Crit session, I have decided to build upon and refine my quite vague idea of a fairytale setting.
I decided to look into Greek Mythology, particularly the myth of King Midas and his affecting powers. This was partly due to the minimalist indie game, Midas, I have been playing lately. However, my idea was too similar to the games design and atmosphere.
I then decided to look into Greek legends that have connections to modern fairy tale connections. Beauty and the Beast was one that stood out due to its close ties with the story of Psyche and Eros.
I want to try and blend these ideas of Greek Mythology, fairy tales and this 1920's settings I have been looking at to create a gamespace that hopefully presents its ideas clearly in clever ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment