Tuesday 8 May 2012

Texturing

I hoped to have more time to create my own textures however as this is not the case, I have had to resort to using textures from the internet and from websites such as cgtextures.com. Instead, I have developed new textures from the ones I have collected.

Here is an explanation of the one of the processes I have taken to texture one of the simple objects in my room

Here is the UV map of a table and two textures beneath it in layer order



texture 1
texture 2


I simply selected Multiply on texture 1 to create this effect


 and then duplicated and rotated texture 1 to make the finished texture


 Some of the textures in my room have become complicated due to the amount of layers I have used to create them. For example, the finished texture for the walls and floor add up to about 40 layers


By choosing the best textures, you are able to get the effects that you want to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment